I suggest you ...

How about a reminder field

Example: My Insurance is due or what ever i schedule due, can you add a field that will notify me that it's due. can you have it prompt me when the app opens and also on the device screen app with a bubble that i have one or more due forms.

185 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    varela shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Admintapforms (Admin, Tap Forms) responded  · 

Ideally it would be great if we were allowed to add entries to the Calendar app from within other apps. Just like we can add contacts to the Contacts database from our apps. That way you wouldn’t need to launch an app to see if there’s a reminder waiting for you. Although eventually when Apple releases the Push Notification Service we should be able to provide something like that.

Feature request noted. Thanks!

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bcarb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess I was viewing the reminder idea differently. For example, when I first added to the ImportantDates form, I put in someones birthday. In my case, I didn't care about the year - just the month/day. and I assumed I'd find a checkbox field that said "remind/notify me with a popup".

• varela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Brendan, i dont think many us would mind the fee for push notification. but if you can make it no more than 99 cents. thanks again

• Admintapforms (Admin, Tap Forms) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I've been contemplating subscribing to one of the push notification services, but this will cost me a monthly fee. So I was thinking of adding it as an in-app purchase option. What do you think about that?

Brendan

• lyfordrome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TapForms would be more than awesome if it could talk to the calendar and add reminders -though I realize that Apple has limited this. TapForms could almost be used for contact management - flagging people for call backs, etc, but without this ability to remind one it is less than perfect.

• aamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You wouldn't need to display a nice calender view or even remind users necessarily - just a view sorted by 'due date' (or whatever you wish to call it) showing all records from all forms that include this field. The records should be visible in the list not the forms.

It kind of becomes a Todo list.

If a user stores this data in TapForms then it makes sense to have TapForms flag this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base