I suggest you ...

FTP Client capability

For corporate clients the ability for a field worker to upload their completed data (in CVS or XML) to an FTP server on the Web would be remarkable. I have not had this software long but it appears that the current capability is to send to email or to act as an FTP or WebDav Server. This functionality would be that the software acted as an FTP client and could upload the exported data to a server on the internet where it could be pulled down into a corporate database by the company - even on an automated basis. This would provide the basis for a true field force data capture system. Each database could have an addtional hidden field included by the developer which specifies the FTP server address and credentials so that each database could upload to a different server (or directory) from where it could be processed. You could even have the functionality that the data was uploaded as soon as an internet connection was available after the data record had been completed. In fact the possibilities are endless because the app could download a dataset at the same time from the ftp server. All this with just a simple ftp client in built! There must be some ftp libraries for the iPhone that would speed up this process.
I for one can see an immediate use for this app in my organization on a worldwide basis if this functionality existed.
Great app by the way - Im writing databases for it already, having had it 24 hrs.
Regards,
Geoff.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon