I suggest you ...

Quick Entry Mode

OK. One more idea, here.

Its only one particular use case but, particularly on iOS, some users (e.g. myself) have the need to create rapid form entries on the go. This would be the case, for instance, for adding to a "Journal" database. These entries are often are accompanied by photos which I have just taken.

One suggestion to grease the skids would be to add the option to have the program open immediately showing a new, blank entry in a default form type. This would save a great deal of time when doing this.

When adding a photo to a field, I am currently prompted with "Camera" and "Photo Albums". How about adding "Last photo taken"? This would save a few taps and likely account for a great majority of the photos people wish to add.

Any option to get the program ready to immediately enter data would be helpful in this regard. As it is, the program feels a bit clumsy for this purpose.

Tom S.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tom S. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really not too familiar with the API but I know that there's at least one well-known journaling program that allows you to quickly add the last photo taken without going to the UIImagePickerViewController so I assume there's a way.

I can give you more information about the program offline if you'd like.

Tom S.

• Admintapforms (Admin, Tap Forms) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if there's an API to get to the last photo taken without first displaying the UIImagePickerViewController (the thing that shows you the photos to select from).

Feedback and Knowledge Base