I would never had bought it if there were a demo version.
I'm migrating from Bento and are so dissappointed, such a waste of time and money :-(
There is no way to "design" the froms just a little bit - they're always just a huge list.
No way to have more than one page for an entry, to separate things.
Also one can't have lists (or tables) inside one entry. Data from such an import are trashed.
No URL-Lists - data is lost, again.
No pictures import - data is lost, again.
No way to choose which fields should be imported at all. From Bento the fields "creation date" and "date modified" will be imported and will be completely useless. But if you choose to delete them in Tap Forms the complete DB will get corrupted and one have to delete it and create a new one.
I only wish i could get my money back
Which field type is this happening on? A Calculation field type or a Number field type?
Eduardo Castejon commented
this may be true in some cases … but it happens to newly (in Tap Forms) created fields, too. So it doesn't look like an importing issue to me. Maybe you can check this.
The issue you're seeing with NaN (Not a Number) appearing is due to the importing of numbers that contains currency or thousand separators. All numeric data should include just the digits and the decimal point.
Eduardo Castejon commented
first of all thank you for your quick response.
1. / 2. - I'm glad to hear that, thanks for your work
3. a link to a form field is not really what i mean, (sorry, i don't know the right terms, because i'm working with the german versions). in Bento you can create some kind of lists inside one entry. for example: in my Orchids-DB i can write inside this table, when the orchid has started to bloom, how long, and when was the end of the blooming. And this for every time this particular flower has bloomed.
4. Yes, i know that but in Bento you really have a list of URL's which are skipped when exported/imported (but i guess this is not so important)
5. i've found it later yesterday - and had success importing all the pictures :-)
6. Didn't know about that glitch. Thanks for letting me know
I've found an new glitch: in fields, marked as number and formatted as currency, if it's empty, the field shows "NaN". Talking about currencies, it would be great, if one could choose for currency-fields which current to use. i do have forms where it is needed to use different currencies together (like $ and €)
Again thank you for your hard work … it looks, after a bad start, like i will stick with Tap Forms and even buy the iPad version.
1. There is no way to "design" the forms just a little bit - they're always just a huge list.
I am working on a layout editor so you'll be able to position fields wherever you'd like on the screen.
2. No way to have more than one page for an entry, to separate things.
You'll be able to have multiple layouts per form, so you could set this up yourself quite easily in the new update.
3. Also one can't have lists (or tables) inside one entry. Data from such an import are trashed.
You could use a Link to Form field to setup something like this.
4. No URL-Lists - data is lost, again.
Not sure what you mean by URL-Lists. There's a website field in Tap Forms which you can use to store a URL. Then when you click on the website button, Tap Forms will launch your default browser and take you there.
5. No pictures import - data is lost, again.
There's a rather technical tutorial on my blog that details how to extract your photos from Bento and move them into Tap Forms.
6. No way to choose which fields should be imported at all. From Bento the fields "creation date" and "date modified" will be imported and will be completely useless. But if you choose to delete them in Tap Forms the complete DB will get corrupted and one have to delete it and create a new one.
There is a glitch which causes the data to appear to disappear when you delete the field used for the First Sort Field. When you import from a CSV file generated by Bento, it puts the creation date and date modified fields in the first columns. So one of those is used as the First Sort field in Tap Forms. If you delete the first field in your form, make sure you go to the Form Properties and set the First Field again to be one of the fields in your form that are still there.