I suggest you ...

Offer an automatic date and/or timestamp

I hope this does not exist currently - as I cannot find it, but i want to remove as much user input as possible. When creating a new record with a time and or date field, they should self populate with the current date and time. The user could then click into them to change manually if required, but if not this saves a half dozen user 'taps' and makes data entry quicker.

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anthony Kennedy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Admintapforms (Admin, Tap Forms) responded  · 

When you edit a date field, it auto sets the date to the current field. But you have to tap the Save button to save it since I don’t even create the object until you enter that screen. Then tapping the save button will of course insert into the database.

There is a built-in date_created field that I have not yet exposed to the interface. It auto sets to the current timestamp, but is not editable.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • StevenBlachere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would find this very useful and it would remove the need to tap into the Date field. Something that could save a lot of time if filling 100's of forms.

• varela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TapForms it would a great idea if a form had automatic date/time stamp when you update any part of the form. Just to remind you when you last updated field or form. I do use the new date/time field form 1.7, but it would be a time saver. Please add this feature.

• varela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TapForms it would a great idea if a form had automatic date/time stamp when you update any part of the form. Just to remind you when you last updated field or form. I do use the new date/time field form 1.7, but it would be a time saver. Please add this feature.

• Admintapforms (Admin, Tap Forms) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you had a bunch of date, time, and date/time fields (new in 1.7), then I guess I'd have to loop through them all setting them to the current times when you create a new record. I suppose I could add that for a future update.

• Anthony Kennedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cheers, that has been my experience so far, it is just that it is a tap on the field for date, tap on save, tap on time, tap on save. Which are four taps that could be removed unless required.

I do not, of course, appreciate your end of things and what is technically possilble, but populating these two fields on creating a new entry would be fantastic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base