I suggest you ...

Improved search/filter

Would like to be able to select the filed on which to search rather than search all fields ina form. Better, be bale to search on more than one field with and/or logic:

last name = Smith AND first name = Tom
state=CA OR state=NY

Additional refinements could include
searching for field values using contains, greater than, less than, greater or equal, less or equal, not equal

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rick Hill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yavel Alejando Rodea Miranda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the find as you type function in search.

On the previous version of tap forms, I could easily locate a price without knowing or typing the whole code... I would see immediately my records, and now when you search for something you have to type enter... just to display the find results. I suggest to go back... just like google you know!

• J. van Dijken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Je hebt twee zoekfuncties, rechterkant zoekt alles.
        Linkerkant zoekt ook alles, en dat is vreemd.
        Bij honderd formulieren heb je geen zoekfunctie meer, je krijgt niet wat je zoekt.
        Linkerkant zoeken moet apart zijn, alleen op formulieren.
        In het menu aan/uit knop. Probleem opgelost.

• CJ Technology Solutions commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to save your searches as reports would be great. And even better would be the ability to email report as an excel spreadsheet.
        My biggest use of Tap Forms is for inventory of all my customer's technology equipment. I record warranty expiration dates so I would love to run a report that would be able to filter by something like "warranty expiration" - "current date" <= 90 days plus filter by customer field so that I can send the list to a customer to inform them which systems have expiring warranties.

• ChrisK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I bought this app on the off-chance, hoping it could do searches like "Find all records where Field A includes 'X' and Field B includes 'Y'."
        I haven't used the app yet due to it lacking that feature, so I'd love to see it in an update. Thanks, Chris.

• Craig J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to selectively hide or display items within the database, and a filter on each field type would be great.

• Mat Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes - this gets my vote.

This, for me, is very important.

In fact, I think Tap Forms could never replace a fully fledged SQL server on a computer, therefore it should stick to perfecting the display and entry of data.

After all, that's what the iPhone is good for.

So - ability to filter is high on my list.

• dr.ginsberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be very useful. I'm creating a database of local restaurants and would like to be able to pull up a list of all Italian or Thai restaurants in Seattle with excellent food that are medium priced, for example.

Feedback and Knowledge Base