I suggest you ...

import pick lists

I like the addition of pick lists to v1.5 but I have some long lists I need to add (e.g., all the bird species in my area) and I don't want to have to type in them all when I already have them as a text file on my Mac. It would be great if I could import a text file and make it into a pick list (e.g., import a one column csv file with the first row as pick list name and the subsequent rows as the list options). Add this to the click wheel List field type that someone suggested and some quite large and useful forms could be quickly created.

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Admintapforms (Admin, Tap Forms) responded  · 

It’s possible to do this by emailing yourself your pick list with each word or phrase on a single line, then using iPhone 3.0’s copy and paste function to paste your words or phrases into the Pick List edit screen in Tap Forms.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Admintapforms (Admin, Tap Forms) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want to be able to pick one of your contacts, simply create a Contact field in Tap Forms and pick your contact when filling out your form. You don't need a Pick List for that.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could use this functionality also. I have a list of 1600 contacts and I'd like to use them as a pick list for entering information each time I visit a contact.

• Roman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an awesome feature. An imported Pick List would allow the insertion of the occasional Unicode symbol that the OS doesn't allow us to type. Really important for a linguistics project!

"Did I say I love Tap Forms?!"

Feedback and Knowledge Base