Tap Forms Feedback

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

1. Add a new Media Field Type or Music, and Video Field Type

I have an iPod Touch and cannot use the recorder.
    But would like have this Field Type point to any of the music, podcast or video files.
    Clicking it would play whatever its pointing to.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a new Files section in Tap Forms 1.5 which will give you access to playing media files within Tap Forms without the need for a new field type. However, we may extend that to add the ability to add a file attachment field type.

2. Ability to filter list of data from checkmark field.

That way "done" items could be filtered out of the list. I could create a Christmas list, and filter for people I still have left to buy for. Something like that.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Encryption

Unless I'm mistaken, Tapforms doesn't encrypt its DB on the iPhone. With so much personal info, it's imperative that it does. A simple pass-code isn't sufficient, especially since a "found" iPhone can be jailbroken.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a new List Field Type

In selecting the List Field Type give the user the ability to enter a list of entries.
    And when creating the new record those entries popup in the Wheel.
    This is different from the one suggested above in that I don't want the WHeel to come up on Text Field Types. I just want the Wheel to come up only for List Field Type.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is definitely planned. We just simply started by allowing the value from the Pick List to be copied into the Text Field type. Once we release version 1.5, we will start to add some of these other field types, including a List Field Type. Thanks again!

5. to implement navigation btwn next/prev record by sliding

I suggest to implement a navigation to the next / previous record by "sliding" (similar to photos in camera roll). Needs no space on the screen and is a natural gesture.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll see what I can accomplish with this idea. I have thought about that, but I wasn’t sure it was natural for people to think to do that with a table view rather than a photo view.

6. A hidden last changed field upon export.

Another hidden field just like "form_entry_id" should be "form_entry_lastchange" containing the last edit date and time of that form entry. This would come in handy, because we are using several ipods to report the workprogress at work, but when there are several csv files my desktop app that keeps the statistics gets all crazy.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search in specific form

When you are using a specific form and then you use search button, the result should refers to that specific form. When you are in the Forms list page and then you use search button, the result should refers to all the forms.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

With the ability to import a large number of records, it’s more important to have this kind of feature. I am planning to add a search field at the top similar to the Contacts app. Or a more sophisticated filter mechanism. Perhaps both.

8. Ability have have fields displayed in 2 columns

It does not make sense for lets say to have number field take up a whole line.
    So, why not give the option to select whether you want this to be displayed in 1 column or 2 columns.
    So, if you select 2 columns and there is another field next to it thats 2 columns they will be displayed side by side on 1 line. All 1 column fields will be displayed on 1 line.
    If the 2 column field does not have another 2 column field next to it, it will be displayed on the whole line.
    For example.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add recording support for iPod Touch

I’m planning on getting apple’s new “In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic” to remotely control and record audio.
    So, please support iPod Touch ability to record audio through headphones with built-in microphone.

And that audio recorder skin looks awful. Make it look like QuickTime Skin or iTune skin. Just copy the skin and resize it and use their icons.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The iPhone 2.1 SDK didn’t allow you to check to see if audio recording hardware was available so the only option was to check to see if the device was an iPhone. The 2.2 SDK allows this option. But for now I’m building Tap Forms 1.5 for the 2.1 SDK until more people have upgraded to 2.2. This will be added in a future release.

The updated skin may come sooner than that. I have been working on it.

Thanks!

10. Provide for "inverse relationship" links

I'd like to see "inverse relationship" links, which were standard in Bento. It means that, when you link from a record in form A to a record in form B, a link is established and visible in both directions - from record A and from record B.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Tap Forms Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base