Tap Forms Feedback

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. support dropbox alternatives like owncloud

I love that TapForms has Dropbox support, but for my work stuff I use a Dropbox clone called OwnCloud because (1) I'm not comfortable uploading sensitive information to a third party and (2) I don't want to pay Dropbox's monthly fee. It'd be great if there were functionality for other dropbox alternatives like gdrive and owncloud, and/or maybe even ftp (other than to networked computer).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resizeable Image Field on Records

In the application of your product, it is necessary for us to print and export records via PDF for distribution. Essential to this process is the inclusion of a large, high-quality image as part of the record.

The present version not only lacks this ability, but also greatly degrades both the contrast & sharpness of printed/PDF exported images.

As there was no trial version of this product made available, we were not afforded the opportunity to properly evaluate it prior to purchase. Is the image issue being addressed? Is there a resizable image field in the works? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Poor Image Quality on Record Exported to PDF

Note: This comment has already been provided by email. I have repeated it here in order to properly participate in the feedback process.

I purchased this product without the benefit of evaluating it first via a trial version, as none was made available. Unfortunately, one of the promoted features essential to my business application is not performing adequately.

Whenever I export a record to PDF the image quality is greatly degraded (significant loss of contract and sharpness). is this an issue that is being addressed? Without if left unresolved, your product is unusable by us. Please advise.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would never had bought it if there were a demo version.

I'm migrating from Bento and are so dissappointed, such a waste of time and money :-(

There is no way to "design" the froms just a little bit - they're always just a huge list.
    No way to have more than one page for an entry, to separate things.
    Also one can't have lists (or tables) inside one entry. Data from such an import are trashed.
    No URL-Lists - data is lost, again.
    No pictures import - data is lost, again.
    No way to choose which fields should be imported at all. From Bento the fields "creation date" and "date…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to edit the same field on several records at the same time

Hiya!

I truly love tap forms. Is the best and easiest way of handling databases!! I do love the sincying between the MAC and the iOS versions!!

I truly would love to be able to edit the same field on several records at the same time. That would save me tons of work! Between the several ways I am using the app, i am building a catalogue of my huge personal collection of books. I would like to be able to enter, for example, several books of the same publisher and be able to select the several entries and modify…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow for locking field types

You have setup TapForms to lock the forms, which prevents adding/deleting fields while also preventing fields from moving up or down. However, it is still possible to change the field type. Can you make it so that when the "lock form" feature is turned on, it also prevents someone from changing the field type? Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add a not equal to search function so i can quickly find outstanding accounts

The need for a not equal to property in the search function is paramount to make this a working business tool

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. create a tally field.

Just a simple +1 & -1 buttons that allows you to keep track of statistics or changing inventory from the record screen (similar to the check mark).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sync with other collaborators through Dropbox or other service

iCloud is great for all of MY devices, but since it is tied to my Apple ID (which I do not share with others), it is not useful for sharing the database with other authorized users/collaborators. As I see it now, the only way to link together is through backup/restore using dropbox, this is not convenient if others users are going to update records.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Windows version

I have owned Tapforms for nearly a year and love how it works. I've gone from ver 2.1 to 3.1. However for me I still can't put it to use. Its great that I can sync to Dropbox but
    for me I need to be able to access the data on another platform other than my iPhone. And as I only use Windows PCs this is not an option for me.

I know you are Mac people but maybe you could avoid the issue of making Tapforms cross platform by invoking a cloud based server the same way that Evernote…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Passcode for select forms

I love TapForms and use it extensively for both work and personal use. I would to see the ability to simple passcode only selected forms. I use multiple forms (some much more often than others) and they all don't include private information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a "Meeting" field

An example of how I would use this is in tracking contact. The Field would allow me to create multiple sequential note fields without changing the contacts template.
    So if I have a meeting with someone and want to add some details, I can hit a plus button or something which automatically adds a text field (with a date/location stamp perhaps?). This way you could have many notes about an individual without having to change the template and adding in a thousand separate note fields.
    I hope I got my point across, it's kind of hard to explain

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add the capability to change the symbol for the ratings

in order to enable a field that can do a traffic light system (red, amber, green), or maybe even a numerical scale (e.g. 1 - 10 or -2 to +2) that you can slide in the same way as the rating stars

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a "One to One" option for the Link to Form field type

So that you don't have to click on the "+" sign to add just one entry

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a default background image to the drawings

I was trying to create a signature field and thought it would be great if I could have a pre-populated background image - or even a default drawing/annotation e.g. "Please sign here if you agree" kind of thing

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. improve the import interface for CSV files

when I try to import CSV files it's a little bit hit and miss - I press on the button that opens the pop up for the import options but I end up viewing the CSV file...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a text annotation function to the drawing field

Would be great if we could just type annotations into the drawing as opposed to scrawling them in using the freehand tool =)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Compress Pictures ?

Just downloaded 3.0.3, good stuff, great app. Exporting media; namely pictures, would it be possible to compress the photos prior? Otherwise makes for a huge file (even zipped) if one has a lot of photos. Thx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Tap Forms Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base