Tap Forms Feedback

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add ability to have labels either on the side or above the date fields on forms automatically.

The current state is having a label added to the left of a data field. I would like the ability to choose where the label is in relation to the data field either to the left or above the data field.

The way that Bento worked is that it gave the option of where the label was on a form. This makes form design much easier. Right now I have to manually move the label field for each one and guess if I am in the right spot relative to the data field for each one.

Making this change would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar integration

I would like to have a calendar field that when set, it would create an event in the Calendar app that apple provides.. that would be really good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. calendar, dates.

I liked the app, it just need a calendar where we can program dates, these dates must be mirrored to caledar & visceversa. I am gonna buy it if you add that feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. iCloud on Quit

Hi, Brendan.

Having read your blog post on 2.0 I'm looking forward to the upgrade. One addition that caught my eye was backup on quit, a nice idea. I'm frequently forgetting to push updates to iCloud from my various devices. Perhaps an "iCloud on Quit" option would be a nice addition?

Of course, allowing us to schedule these events or, even better, making them automatic with each change would be preferable... but I appreciate the fact that the safety of the data has to come first.

Tom S.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Get all Bento users

Bento users (I'm one of them) are just sickened by the decision to stop Bento and force them to move to File Maker. Tap Form is a strong alternative but there are some missing functions. Simple list is one of them which make Bento shining. No other DB product of this. Suggestion is that you review Bento functions that will push their user base to Tap Form. Have a list side by side of the differences so users can make a decision. Price is decision making element but their are other considerations when you make a move like this. Thank…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Autocompletion from a Picklist

Hi,

I'd like to be able to type into a text field and, if it's associated with a pick list, have the option of hitting tab to autocomplete. I'd envision this working very much like the new "tags" field in the Mavericks file save dialog.

Keep up the good work.

Tom S.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Quick Entry Mode

OK. One more idea, here.

Its only one particular use case but, particularly on iOS, some users (e.g. myself) have the need to create rapid form entries on the go. This would be the case, for instance, for adding to a "Journal" database. These entries are often are accompanied by photos which I have just taken.

One suggestion to grease the skids would be to add the option to have the program open immediately showing a new, blank entry in a default form type. This would save a great deal of time when doing this.

When adding a photo to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatically populate location field with current location

I'd, personally, find it handy to be able to define the current location as an auto-populated default something like the way a date and time field can be auto-populated with the current date and time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts

Thanks, Brendan.

I’m quite enjoying the program. If you don’t mind it, I would like to suggest that a few keyboard shortcuts be added. The reason may not be obvious. I’m an AppleScript guy and, although Tap Forms doesn’t support it, one easy thing you can do with any program is simulate keystrokes. If it has a keystroke or a menu item you can automate it.

A good example of something that would benefit from menu access is iCloud sync. This, of course, allows you to set a keyboard shortcut yourself or to use AppleScript to access the menu.

A…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display Subtotals for multiple fields when Grouped in the multi-column list view

i.e. a Wine Cellar form, grouped on Winery, with subtotals of Quantity on Hand and Value on Hand.

Also display more than one Calculation Field at the bottom (i.e. the two fields listed above).

Thanks again for this invaluable app!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. introduce a label printing facility (OSX)

A common use for TapForms must surely be maintaining membership lists, Christmas card lists, etc. A facility to print directly to sticky labels would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Web interface! (major omission these days)

Quick example... iCloud.com gives access and edit-ability to users data (contacts/cal/mail/iWork) via its online interface. And web interfaces are basically becoming de rigueur for most apps now.

I'd really love to be able to access my TapForms databases stored online and using an online interface of some sort.

(and before you get the NSA nay-sayer brigade chiming-in... yes, sure, some may not want to use it for whatever reason, but at least it'd be an option for the majority that most certainly would!)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add IF function.

Having the ability to hide or show fields dependent on an IF function from another field.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Transporter support

I believe they released an API at about the time of WWDC this year. It would enable syncing of devices without having to use a third party like dropbox. Not for everyone, but great for people that are security conscious and have a Transporter http://www.filetransporter.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable linking on fields rather than records

Currently, to link records, you create a parent form, then a link field. Child records are then either created or from the parent form or selected off the child form. The related records show on the parent form, but not the child form on a given linked record.

I'd like to see the link on a key field rather than manually selecting records. I know that is very 'SQL', but it seems more useful so that a link could be established from either the parent form or the child form.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. have the ability to do calculations on strings as well as numbers

Enable calculation fields to work with strings as well as numbers (concatenation). For example, = lastname & " " & firstname to create more natural display in output.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide for "inverse relationship" links

I'd like to see "inverse relationship" links, which were standard in Bento. It means that, when you link from a record in form A to a record in form B, a link is established and visible in both directions - from record A and from record B.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the ability to add a scrolling list to a form

I am a wedding photographer and I am using Bento... I want to be able to switch to TF. I keep a running total of payments they make. It subtracts those from the package cost and gives me a balance. It's also nice because it is dynamic and will take as many payments as they make from 1 to whatever.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. make major improvements to the Mac version

Tap Forms works great on my iPhone 5 and on my iPad. On my iMac, it is very sluggish, extremely slow to respond to any mouse click. The Mac version is the primary version for my work; the apps on the iPhone and iPad are basic backups and places to check for information when I'm away from my office. With so much more territory available, it would be great to have a much more adaptable and versatile version for the Mac (including laptops). Great program, but right now, I'm still relying on Bento for my primary data handler program until…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Location feature should include different options for geographic coordinate systems

Currently the location field records your location in lat and long but would be good to have the option to select UTMs. As that is the main system used by many organizations. Or when export the data it converts it to UTMs.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Tap Forms Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base