Tap Forms Feedback

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Recommanded Action Button Design (Easiest to implement)

Action Button Options in Tap Form Mode (Top Level which is the listing of Forms)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Icons on the top right: Action, Plus

1. Clicking on Plus will create a new Form
    2. Clicking on Action button will display dialog with the following actions

Caption: System Actions
    Backup Forms (Full backup of all Forms and configurations)
    Restore FOrms (Full restore of all Forms and configurations)
    Import Icons
    Cancel

Action Button Options in List Record Mode (Listing of records for a given Form)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Icons on the top right: Action, Plus

1. Clicking on Plus icon will create a new record …

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add recording support for iPod Touch

I’m planning on getting apple’s new “In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic” to remotely control and record audio.
    So, please support iPod Touch ability to record audio through headphones with built-in microphone.

And that audio recorder skin looks awful. Make it look like QuickTime Skin or iTune skin. Just copy the skin and resize it and use their icons.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The iPhone 2.1 SDK didn’t allow you to check to see if audio recording hardware was available so the only option was to check to see if the device was an iPhone. The 2.2 SDK allows this option. But for now I’m building Tap Forms 1.5 for the 2.1 SDK until more people have upgraded to 2.2. This will be added in a future release.

The updated skin may come sooner than that. I have been working on it.

Thanks!

3. Relocate the options at the end of “Edit Record”

When clicking on a record it takes you to the “Edit Record”.
    But if you scroll down to the end you’ll notice “Add to Favorites” and "Customize Form”
    Why not move them into the planned Action icon in 1.5. Take them out of here to free up space and leave it just for viewing the record. I have clicked on the “add to favorites” accidentally so many times. I would be nice to move those two options into the Action icon. So, clicking on the Action icon you’ll have another two options “Add Record to Favorites” and “Customize this Form”

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hmm… The only problem I see with this is the new Action menu already has the following in it: Delete Record, New Record, Duplicate Record, Email Record, and Import Records. Theoretically given the amount of space I have left, I could add one more option. I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks!

4. Add another view under Favorites for Forms

It’s good that I can simply click on a record in my Favorites to open it up. But I would like to click on a Form in my Favorites to open the list of records.
    When you have created 20+ Forms it gets pretty challenging scrolling through the list to find it.
    So, why not create two sections (or two views) under Favorites. Simply create two icons at the top right that will switch between favorites for Records and favorites for Forms. By default have it list Records when you open Favorites. Make it similar to how you did Search.…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability have have fields displayed in 2 columns

It does not make sense for lets say to have number field take up a whole line.
    So, why not give the option to select whether you want this to be displayed in 1 column or 2 columns.
    So, if you select 2 columns and there is another field next to it thats 2 columns they will be displayed side by side on 1 line. All 1 column fields will be displayed on 1 line.
    If the 2 column field does not have another 2 column field next to it, it will be displayed on the whole line.
    For example.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a Graph option to each Form

When creating a new Form right after the Fields section create another section called Graphs.
    And have them the ability to add multiple graphs from the following list which can grow in the future. Do it just like how you did Field Type List. Create Graph Type List.
    1. Bar Graph
    2. Line Graph
    3. Pie Graph

Entering a Graph will require two number fields already created under the Field Section.
    SO, in creating a Graph you need to Select the Graph Type, Select one of the number fields for X-Data and another number field for Y-Data and enter how…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Tap Forms 1.5 has the ability to export and email records as a CSV file. The records could then be imported into Excel to perform graphing functions. That would be a workaround at the moment for this request. Well, when 1.5 is released that is.

7. Add a new Media Field Type or Music, and Video Field Type

I have an iPod Touch and cannot use the recorder.
    But would like have this Field Type point to any of the music, podcast or video files.
    Clicking it would play whatever its pointing to.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a new Files section in Tap Forms 1.5 which will give you access to playing media files within Tap Forms without the need for a new field type. However, we may extend that to add the ability to add a file attachment field type.

8. Add a new Priority Field

When you add this Field Type to your form you enter the maximum priority number.
    In creating the record the Priority Bar appears thats a slider you drag left to right. While you drag the bar you can see the priority field change from 1 to the max value you defined.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a new Progress Field Type

Add a new Progress Field Type
    Create a new Process Field Type that will have 4 icons
    1. waiting icon
    2. walking icon
    3. running icon
    4. finished icon
    When your entering a new record the process field will display those 4 icons. And you select one of them.
    When displaying the record you can change the process field by simply clicking any of the 4 icons.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a new List Field Type

In selecting the List Field Type give the user the ability to enter a list of entries.
    And when creating the new record those entries popup in the Wheel.
    This is different from the one suggested above in that I don't want the WHeel to come up on Text Field Types. I just want the Wheel to come up only for List Field Type.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is definitely planned. We just simply started by allowing the value from the Pick List to be copied into the Text Field type. Once we release version 1.5, we will start to add some of these other field types, including a List Field Type. Thanks again!

11. Ability to import new form icons and delete them

I would like to be able to import new form icons based on the size that your using.
    So, if its 32x32 for example I would like to import it and be able to use it for the new custom forms I create.
    And also give the ability to delete the icons that I import.
    You can lock the core form icons down so that no one can delete them. But the ones you import you can allow them to be deleted.
    So, you'll have two form icons. Default Form Icons and Custom Form Icons that's imported.
    The default cannot…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good idea. For now however, you can use the built-in camera on an iPhone to take a photo that you’d like to use as a Form icon. iPod touch and iPhone users can also select a photo from the photo library to use as a Form icon.

12. add kind of day info on the date picker

Some apps display the kind of day (i.e. Mon, Tue, Wed, etc.) on or next to the date picker wheels. This is very helpful when you need to add a date that is on a specific day of the week.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The date picker with the day name (Mon, Tue, etc.) also displays the time. There doesn’t seem to be a date picker available that has the day name and date only. The next version of Tap Forms has a time field. We will add a combined date & time field in a followup release.

13. 72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. to be able to look up info from Amazon from your title

If your making an inventory of things in your home, to be able to get the info and price from Amazon on the product. i.e if you had a DVD just enter the title or take a photo of the bar code and it would look it up at Amazon and paste the info in for you. This may have to be done on a desktop version.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 16 17 18 20 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Tap Forms Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base