Tap Forms Feedback

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add a "Table" field

It would be great if one of the field options was a simple table. Even if it was two columns wide with "x" number of rows, that would be useful for adding groups of numbers.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open Source Version

I think this is too much work for you. At the rate your going we won't get all what we want after 10 years.

How about making it open source and share your code with the rest of us. That way we can help you work faster and contribute to your success and our happiness.
    :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Well, the tricky part is how do I earn a living open sourcing Tap Forms? Not sure how that would work as anyone would be able to just download the code, compile it and run it.

3. Little bit smaller icons

I measured your icons size and noticed its little bit larger than the average size used out there across different applications. Can you make it little bit smaller. Not sure how many pixels smaller it should be. Maybe 4 or 5 pixels.
    For example, if you click on the ipod touch Settings you'll see the icons for Wi-Fi, General, Music, Video and so forth. Most applications use that size. Can you use that size as well. It looks much better in that size.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to have different views for Form Page

On the Form page (first icon) be able to view the list of forms by Address List View, by Collapsible Categories, none collapsible (which is what you have now) and by tree like folders that you drill down.
    The address list view would look similar to iPod Touch Contacts. It has that A-Z on the right and have break bars representing the letters.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Number of records displayed in Form View should be iconic

On the form view page you have a number with parenthesis around it that display the number of records in that form. Can you change it to look more like Mail (built in) or Todo.
    It looks around and reversed colored gray with a number in it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Ya, I had thought about doing it this way, but it was a bit quicker doing it the way I did. But I will look into this way as I know a lot of other programs display their counts this way.

6. add MobileMe/iDisk Sync support

Would be good to see MobileMe / iDisk sync support built into this excellent App.

BTW, your competitors have it in some of their apps! :-)

Regards

Rob

255 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I agree, this would be good. It’s all about how much time I have available and which features need to be implemented first. That’s why this forum is so great. I can gauge which features my customers feel are most important for me to implement. This is a good one. Thanks!

7. Gobal Filtering System Based on a Saved Search

Create and save a filtered subset of records within a list view. Essentially a saved search. Example: Search on a Movies Form for all movies I want to view as a subset of all my movies (viewed and want to view) and provided a list of only those.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to save images from the internet

Ability to save images from the internet when linked from Tap Forms. Tap Forms works great for linking to web sights. Can view photos well, including zoom, but cannot save images. Must exit Tap Forms and reload in Safari to save images.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Mobile Safari does this, but I’ve contacted Apple about it and right now there’s no API available for 3rd party apps to do this. I’ve submitted an enhancement request to Apple to provide this capability to 3rd party developers.

9. Better simple interface

I like the interface like contacts. With a-z index on right hand.
    Honestly, I thought if I purchase "TapForms" or "My Stuff".
    My Stuff app is very like default contacts app interface. It's much more comfortable. Plz take a look. They have lite version for free.
    Oh, TapForms Lite would be usefull if you can offer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to filter list of data from checkmark field.

That way "done" items could be filtered out of the list. I could create a Christmas list, and filter for people I still have left to buy for. Something like that.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How about a reminder field

Example: My Insurance is due or what ever i schedule due, can you add a field that will notify me that it's due. can you have it prompt me when the app opens and also on the device screen app with a bubble that i have one or more due forms.

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ideally it would be great if we were allowed to add entries to the Calendar app from within other apps. Just like we can add contacts to the Contacts database from our apps. That way you wouldn’t need to launch an app to see if there’s a reminder waiting for you. Although eventually when Apple releases the Push Notification Service we should be able to provide something like that.

Feature request noted. Thanks!

13. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How about costomizable fields

It would be great if, i could create my own fields. For an example: i would like to enter only IP address without enter the decimal point and it should know that it only uses numbers not letters. By the way i love your product. I have all the other data programs and tapforms is the only one i use now.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow different Field background colors

When adding a Field under “Customize Forms”, give them the ability to choose from a list of Major colors. After selecting one of the colors the background color of the Field changes to the color you just selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide two options to viewing Forms on the main page

1. By collapsible and expandable categories
    2. By category folders that you enter (clicking on it) and exit (clicking on the back button)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update on import / export functionality

When you import you should provide two options.
    Give the option to create a new Form from a CSV file or be able to append the records from a CSV file into an existing Form.

For exporting, well that’s simple. Just export everything.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently exporting will export everything. But import will require the fields to be the same as the fields in the form that you are importing into. I realize it will be more useful to be able to auto-create forms based on a CSV file and that will come. Just the first version of import will require the form to be pre-made.

If you do an export, we will export the unique row identifier that will be processed upon import and will update pre-existing records.

20. Be able to link web address field back to safari bookmarks

Right now you only allow people to enter a URL addresses.
    At the window where you enter a Web Address create an icon that is the same with safari bookmark icon. When clicking on it, it should pull up the list of bookmarks in your Safari browser and you can choose one of them linking them together. Much easier then having to enter them in two places.

And lets say you imported all your bookmarks from your PC through CSV imports. It would be cool to provide an option to upload all your imported bookmarks into safari bookmark or someone…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At the moment there doesn’t seem to be an API get get access to Mobile Safari’s bookmarks. That’d be a great feature though. I did think about it before, but since I can’t get access to the bookmarks on the phone, it might be a tad bit difficult to do. I’ll keep my eye out on any API changes in the future that will open up this capability.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Tap Forms Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base