Tap Forms Feedback

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

1. Support for iPod Touch 2G external mic

The iPod Touch 2G supports an external mic yet Tap Forms does not support it for audio recording fields.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a form span multiple categories

Would it be possible to assign a form to more than one category? Then if you wanted to make a change to the form (add a new field, etc.), you could make the change at the template level, and it would be reflected in all the forms for all the categories that form is used in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At the moment the Tap Forms data model has a Form object that has a single relationship to a Category object. So it would not be possible in the current model to have a Form exist in multiple categories. But I will think about that for a future update. Thanks.

3. Calc field based on formula or constant values-Stratighforwd

Would be great to have simple formulas in a field like field A number of people divided by field B age of people to yield average OR just have a constant field like .585 for mileage that would be used in conjunction with another 'miles' field.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to filter by an Pick List entry

I guess this is similar to the Group By key fields request. However, my thoughts are that most of us will be using Pick Lists for classifying records the records that we maintain, e.g. DVDs by Genre, Birds by Species, Customers by Country, etc. etc. Therefore, it would make sense to be able to use the same field for filtering records.

BTW I really like how Tapform works and am looking forward to seeing it grow into a powerful DB tool on the iPhone. I have used "SmartList" on my Palm for many years (starting when it was still "ThinkDB")…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add pause to audio recording

Pausing the auido while recording would open up countless dictation opportunities.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve login mechanism

Four Characters are great, but actual it is too easy to prove all options.

Improvement shoud be: After first wrong code you have to wait ten Seconds for new login, after seconds one Minute....

Or: Maximum login tries = 5, after this the application is locked.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a way to enter data on the Mac

I have an entire database from my Palm Desktop memos that I would like to get to my iPod Touch. It would be great to be able to enter data into something on the Mac and then sync it to the TapForms database on the iPod Touch.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The CSV import function will let you do this. I am working on some enhancements to it to deal with character encoding, but if you make sure your file is encoded in UTF-8 format it should import easily. Please watch my screencast video demonstration of Tap Forms 1.5 to see how CSV importing works.

8. Add an alphabetic break to help the viewing of long lists.

For short lists of things it's not too bad but for long lists of items it would be good to have the letters tabbed to break ip the scrroling and make it easier to find items.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a hierachy structure so I could organize & group easier

Be able to layer folder and files. Now I bake the layering intelligence into the first field to get them to group the way I want.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. to implement navigation btwn next/prev record by sliding

I suggest to implement a navigation to the next / previous record by "sliding" (similar to photos in camera roll). Needs no space on the screen and is a natural gesture.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll see what I can accomplish with this idea. I have thought about that, but I wasn’t sure it was natural for people to think to do that with a table view rather than a photo view.

11. Search in specific form

When you are using a specific form and then you use search button, the result should refers to that specific form. When you are in the Forms list page and then you use search button, the result should refers to all the forms.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

With the ability to import a large number of records, it’s more important to have this kind of feature. I am planning to add a search field at the top similar to the Contacts app. Or a more sophisticated filter mechanism. Perhaps both.

12. include "add field" at the top of the Edit Form page

I've made some quite long forms and when I want to add a new field, I go into Customize Form and click on any field as if I wanted to edit it and then click on the "+" icon in the top right. Or, I can scroll down through all my many fields to the bottom, where there is an "add field" option. The first method is initially not obvious and two taps too many, and the second method takes a bit of scrolling with a large form. Why not also add the "Add a field" option to the top…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The + on the Edit Field screen is a very quick way of adding a new field to your form. The beginning “Add a field…” button is how you get started. But once you’re in the Edit Field screen and you’ve finished entering a Field Title and have selected a Field Type, you can easily just tap the + button and quickly add another field. Keep doing this (+ > Field Title > Save > Select a Field Type, + > Field Title > Save > Select a Field Type, etc) without going back to the Edit Form screen until your form is complete. Then tap the Edit Form back button to see all your fields listed there. You don’t have to scroll down all the time to tap the “Add a field…” button.

13. import pick lists

I like the addition of pick lists to v1.5 but I have some long lists I need to add (e.g., all the bird species in my area) and I don't want to have to type in them all when I already have them as a text file on my Mac. It would be great if I could import a text file and make it into a pick list (e.g., import a one column csv file with the first row as pick list name and the subsequent rows as the list options). Add this to the click wheel List field type…

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s possible to do this by emailing yourself your pick list with each word or phrase on a single line, then using iPhone 3.0’s copy and paste function to paste your words or phrases into the Pick List edit screen in Tap Forms.

14. Add the ability to zoom/crop photos attached to records

This would be the same functionality as is currently availalbe when attaching a photo to a form. Also, in the list view, it would be nice if the thumbnails were a little bigger and easier to see.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

When I had this feature enabled during development, I noticed that the iPhone reduced the image quality of the photo after you scaled. This is why I left it out. But I will try it again.

15. Add the ability to swipe through photos

For multiple photos attached within a single record, add the ability to tap to enlarge (as it works currently) and then be able to swipe left/right to go to the next/previous attached photo.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. List UI with A-Z index on the right like contacts

like contacts UI, easy access by index A-Z on the right.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. smaller video tutorials on website

I would like to see more numerious video tutorials on the Tapforms website so I can skip all the "bells-and-whistles" features and learn the practicle side of how I would use this in my daily life.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Encryption

Unless I'm mistaken, Tapforms doesn't encrypt its DB on the iPhone. With so much personal info, it's imperative that it does. A simple pass-code isn't sufficient, especially since a "found" iPhone can be jailbroken.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better way for Backup/Restore and Import/Export

Nice update to the app. Unfortunately, having to download a separate desktop application for Backup/Restore (SyncDocs) and a separate FTP third party application for Import/Export (Files) on the desktop is quite a drag. Is there a much simpler way to implement these features to the TapForms app?

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. launch web server to add records from PC

Launch web server on iPhone/iPod Touch to allow users to enter new records from browser on PC.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Tap Forms Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base